View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #13
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleemos View Post
Congrats on the new bike! I don't think the exhaust is too big but I just don't like the chrome.
agreed, not a fan of chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
@gt_turbo Awesome!!! It's a shame the HRC tri-color is not offered with the ABS.

You thinking of a CBR600RR front end swap on this one!?! I bet it would be less difficult than the 250 swap.
Canada is getting the tri-color ABS. Darn Canadians! And yes, the thought of swapping forks with a CBR600 has cross my mind. But I think I won't doing anything too major for at least the first couple thousand miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
Love these... A lot a lot! The only problem is they're honda, and they're so narrow.It makes me feel almost claustrophobic every time I sit on a honda. But that may be easy to get over once you ride it for a day.
I am short guy like 29" in seam, so I love the narrowness of the seat and how tight Honda makes the rider triangle. But reportedly a lot of 6'+ ppl prefer the size of the CBR500R over the 300 at least on the CBR500 forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman44 View Post
Let us know your thoughts on the power difference between the 500 and 250 once you get to know the bike.

How's the seat? Comfy?

And does it seem taller than the 250? Thanks
Ride safe, bud!
I'll do a follow up after more seat time. And the seat is soft and super comfy, nothing like that hard foam or whatever the 250 has. And for me being short, I sit close to the tank a lot, so I will not be missing any of that ball busting that sometimes occurs when braking.

O yea, on paper it is like half inch taller seat height than the 250. But due to the seat being narrower than the 250, I don't even feel a difference. I can get the balls of my feet down on both bikes. My modded 250 sits a little higher than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovit View Post
By the looks of the stock clip-ons it almost looks like you can move them below the triple.
Yes, I thought of this too when I saw it in the show room. Maybe it is that easy? I'll have to take a closer look.

Another thing I do miss compared to the 250, Honda did not put a cat in the gas tank. My 250 was mewing at me as I was moving the bikes around the garage.