Old May 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #33
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
LOL....... You may want to re-read the thread. Exactly how is what I posted unrelated? It is thread about locking up a brake. The OP wasnt sure which one. Jiggles posts about not using the rear brake(which he does repeatedly) and I responded.

If you would be so kind... I would like to see a study where riders stop shorter using only the front brake. I have never seen one.
I wouldn't call it a study but you could pull up the old AMA racing footage of me out braking fellow Professional racers using only my front brake. I know it's common practice for racers to master both front and rear brakes but I never liked using my feet so I never touched the rear. It wasn't uncommon to here "Perez is a monster on the brakes" in the general paddock because that's when I did most of my passing due to a lack of HP. You'll find most racers use both brakes but it doesn't mean it's the right or only way to do things.

Choose what comfortable to you because you being confident with your actions is what really going to save you from an incident.

When I was modding my ninja's front brake setup I would test the results vs @CycleCam303 's bike to so if the mods were an improvement. I locked the front wheel multiple times over those few weeks and I tell you every time it happened it was startling even if I know it was coming.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.