View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #8
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by az3200 View Post
ok cool thanks, you've calmed my nerves slightly (for the time being lol) the bike has 33k on it, it's a 2002. Tomorrow will be the tell all lol.

If what you're saying is true, I'm thinking it's gotta be that CCT mechanism from your video is stuck on my bike or something. pushing on it then pulling on the cam chain repeatedly will remedy that? What if it doesn't, is there a plan "B"? I keep stressing over why my cam chain is SO loose in that video..
I would push down on the chain between the two sprockets to make a little dip in the chain. Then use a blunt rod (like a socket extension) to push down on the lever inside the CCT hole. Don't push too hard as there is a possibility that it could break. What you are looking for is for the dip in the chain to straighten out. If it does, you are on the right track.

If it doesn't, then either the CCT lever is stuck, or its down all the way. If you can't get it to tighten the chain, then either the chain has stretched too much or possibly the chain tensioner guide on the left side is bad/worn. I have never seen the latter.

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.