View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #11
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

I know that you are tired and frustrated; however, it will be better if you take some minutes to read the links provided earlier in the other thread.
Sorry, I did just look those over. Ugh, sorry for starting 2 threads of basically the same issue. My bad

Anyway, as I was looking over one of the links you posted in the other thread something occurred to me: Is it possible to completely disassemble the CCT components without ever loosening that little screw, ever? The reason I ask is because as I said earlier, that screw was SO tight I ended up having to drill it out, remember? Anyway, with that being the case, I shouldn't have been able to remove that push rod the small spring goes in, correct? In order to do that I would have had to loosen that screw, but I was never able to, yet I got the push rod, 2 springs, and bearing completely free from the housing with no issue, then started drilling the little screw with the CCT completely removed from the bike. (hope that makes sense)

Does that mean the CCT was never properly installed? maybe it's been under too much tension the past 6kmiles from being installed wrong it stretched the cam chain too much? I feel like if it was I would have had to loosen that screw???

Sorry, I'm pretty paranoid about this now. I NEED this bike to run properly. It's my only means of transportation
az3200 is offline   Reply With Quote