View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #12
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Unless you dropped little parts down in the engine when you had it off, you didn't break it.

The screw at the top is to release the plunger. The plunger has a lip on one end that hooks under the screw.

To assemble, back out the screw, put the little spring inside the plunger, push that up into the housing and then tighten the screw onto the lip. Then with the plunger stuck in there, put the bearing collar over the plunger and into the housing. Don't try to put the plunger into the housing with the collar already on. Then put the big spring over the end of plunger and then bolt the whole assembly down to the engine. There is also a little o-ring gasket I think so don't lose that - just reuse it if its not damaged. Once its bolted to the engine, unscrew the screw and it will release the plunger and snap to the internal CCT lever as it did in my video.

Make sure that the chain and cams are aligned correctly before releasing the plunger.

Note that some lubrication in the CCT housing is OK, but too much can interfere with the locking mechanism.