View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #23
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Who needs money when you have a girlfriend and a bike?

Yes, new guides will help some, as well as modifying that L-shape rocker.

We are driving you crazy with all these verifications and measurements because if you really need a chain, much more money will need to be used, since you will need either to split the engine or replace it.
lol you'd be surprised.

What do you mean by modifying the L-shape rocker?

Haha you guys aren't driving me crazy, I want to make sure I'm doing this right as well. I really appreciate all the help I've been given, I haven't once been annoyed. What's driving me crazy is I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with this. Ok, I feel like there is only one more thing to do before I keep posting and stressing and that's measure this damn chain. then once I get the measurements just go from there...

If I did need to replace the chain, why would much more money be needed? Isn't the chain only $40-$60 new? is it MANDATORY the engine be dismantled?

I watched this video on youtube of a guy who cut the old chain, and left it in the engine. He then cut the new chain, pushed out one of the pins, attached the new and old chain, and then fed it through the engine. Apparently he welded the new chain back once it was wrapped around the engine. Seems logical, I just have no way to weld it and it seems like it would be considerably weaker.. Why didn't they make these chains with a master link.. or do they?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkSl0ZUDnZc
az3200 is offline   Reply With Quote