View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #9
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
So I put the 110 main jets in today. Threw everything back together and went for a test ride.

The bike feels much, much, MUCH better. And a lot of the previous observations i made make sense. Like when i went from the 115 to the 118 i thought the mid range and mid throttle felt a little better. Which makes sense because it was lean.

So yes, 5 washers, ~ .12" raised from stock height and the mid throttle and mid range feels much improved. With the 110's the WOT is significantly improved and pulls nicely.

Not sure if i should try the 108's or not. I don't have any so would have to order them specifically.

I still need to mess with idle mixture screws and sync the carbs

but all in all the bike is running good again and is fun to ride.

5/20/13 edit/update

So road to work today and the bike still feels good. Definitely rich at 1/8th throttle so i might go back to the #38 pilot and hope that it does not affect my 1/4-1/2 throttle to much as i think it is pretty spot on. As far as the main jet is concerned i am thinking i might be a hair rich at WOT between 9k and 11k rpms. The bike pulls pretty good especially at 10.5-12k but i thought i noticed a slight hesitation today when i cracked the throttle a few times. However i feel like i am starting to split some hairs here as i definitely think the bike runs very lean from 12k-14k not that i run that range very often but leaning out the main jets any more and i am thinking i might have to be careful with sustained throttle in the 12.5-13.5k range so top speed runs might be a bit risky. But i could potentially get more usable power in the 9-12.5k range with the 108 main jet which i think would be great.

I kind of wish there was another circuit to tune for these bikes to get more power out of the high revs. I guess the bike isn't made to be run past redline in all but I know when i had the 118 main jets in the engine would come back to life after 11.5k rpms and pull hard past redline. I can definitely see why using a larger main jet for a top speed build could be beneficial.

I need to order some kehlin 108's, I might buy some random minkuni needles that look like they will fit for fun as well. i might get around to putting the jets in not this coming weekend but the next. And then after i try the 108's like or dislike maybe end up going back to the 110's. i need to get the carbs synced and then get this thing to a dyno see where things are at, adjust if i have to and maybe do some fine tuning of with the ignition timing.

So far so good though.

Last futzed with by subxero; May 20th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote