View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #11
vampscara
ninjette.org newbie

Name: vampscara

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELY1990 View Post
How much traffic is in your area? If there's a lot and you don't have much driving experience, learning to ride a motorcycle and read traffic at the same time will increase your risk factor for getting in an accident. I know you said you've ridden a bicycle quite a bit on the road, but that's a little different. However, I say that based off of my experience riding a bicycle the majority of the time throughout high school and your mileage may vary. To me, riding a bicycle on the shoulder or in a bike lane is much different than riding in a lane, going the same speed as traffic.

That being said, I'd say taking the MSF sounds like a good idea, because that will give you an idea of whether or not you enjoy riding a motorcycle.
Major city and out of the neighborhood is a well developed area with Walmart, Lowes, several other shopping places, a few small places like Game Stop, and food places ranging from sit down restaruants to fast food all in a small area. There is no bike lane so I ride in the traffic lane, taking the lane except for at the intersection because I can't trigger the light. If I do get a motorcycle it will be after a MSF course and I wouldn't leave residential with it until I'm comfortable operating it in the calmer setting (I can get a family member to bring it home on a trailer).
vampscara is offline   Reply With Quote