View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #1
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Less than 4k mi. on '09 ninjette . Battery already dead

Here is my story.

My bike would not start up (light up) whatsoever once at around 3,000 miles but miraculously woke up a day before. The battery 800 miles later this morning died on me again when I tried to start her up. By God's grace the ninjette started. Even though I had more errands left today, I knew I could not risk it any longer so I went directly to my friends house to get this checked out. If push came to shove, I was going to go back to the stealership that day.

We checked the voltage left in my battery. The needle on the meter barely went up to 1 volt. 1 VOLT! So, I took the battery to auto zone and they kindly charged the battery for free. 6 hours later, put the battery back in, and now there are no problems during start up.

One big difference I saw after the charge up @ auto zone, was that the headlight did not flicker. (I thought that this was just how the bike was supposed to run) So if any of you ride at night and see your headlight flicker here and there, I strongly suggest checking your battery! (Many of you probably already know this? but I'm just trying to help someone out)

Actually, I strongly suggest checking your battery anyways. I think that maybe kawi put crappy batterys in the ninjette to shave off for shipping costs?

Well, I hope this helps someone in the future.
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote