View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #46
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I dropped the bike off at my local shop this morning, and they agreed to look at it today. I spoke with them a little while ago. The prior shop did break the switch. It was re-installed improperly, so when they tightened the panel down it crunched the terminal behind the panel. They can get it to barely work by pressing hard on it, but the switch is essentially broken. They are working out how to splice in a replacement switch, or hardwire the line to make the headset work alone, and worry about the speakers afterwards.

The Gerbing unit did die of an internal failure of some sort. Taken off the bike, and connected directly to power, it still failed. I have a new one being shipped overnight to the shop, so they can fix that tomorrow. They also really wanted to know who had done the prior work, as they were less than impressed. Just like plumbers, contractors, mechanics, and just about any other service industry I've ever dealt with, everyone believes the people who performed the task prior to them arriving on scene were nitwits. In this case, they did mention that they found a couple loose screws on the gas tank mount, and the wiring wasn't particularly neat. They are re-doing all the wiring for the new Gerbing, and have to figure out what is necessary for the audio piece. All things considered, I'm glad I had the chance to have other folks put eyes on the work, which will ultimately make the bike more reliable.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.