Old June 12th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #4
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
No experienced track rider here, but I believe that you look great, Teri !!!

Just remember that you butt off doesn't do much, your head and upper torso are much more heavier and locating those as off-center as possible (without compromising comfort and controls) is what makes a difference in the lean angle of the suspension.

With that in mind, your butt will follow your head displacement and you will not be crossed up.

Love the eyes of the bike !!!
Thank you.

I try getting my head and chest off line but without moving my rear it feels like my spine is kinked. I found myself doing a mini-hop in the seat to get my body in line and I think that is what caused me to move too far.

There's another rider who last season had a 250 and he put eyes on. Now he has something with just round headlights so he has just eyes. I loved the idea and saw someone on here had cookie monster eyes. So had to steal the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Not an experienced track rider here either but I agree... you look good.

I can't help but notice how awkward the stock bars are when it comes to your wrist position (Day Two side photo). Get some clip-ons and I'll bet you'll find it easier to reposition yourself.
Thank you, too.

How much do clipons move the stock bar position? I don't want to lower them as the stocks are a little low to begin with for me. Would they just rotate the angle out so my wrist isn't bent so much? Haven't looked into clipons since they always looked too low for my comfort.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote