Old June 12th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #8
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
I would say try not to tuck so much and let you back straiten out mid corner. This will make it more comfortable to shift your shoulder to the outside just a bit more while maintain a higher leverage on the bars with less stress on your wrist giving more control. The position your using with your upper body is what I use in a high speed dog leg but I keep my knees in for aerodynamics.
Ok, thank you very much. I'll sit up more which will also help in seeing as I was finding I was looking over my glasses at times.

Quote:
Do you ever watch world Superbike? In the top ten riders you'll see at least 4 distinctly different BP styles that all allow those guys to go fast then most ever will. Just keep in mind BP is not a absolute limiting factor and its only one small part to the whole picture. So go ahead and focus on it to try and change it but understand its not the only thing holding you back so change up your focus from time to time to the other parts of the puzzle to improve slowly overall. Once you get better at one part of cornering the other parts will be easier to learn up to the level of the first part you improved. Then you can go back and further improve on the first piece and likewise the others as well. I just just keep focusing on only the one part over and over it will be your lack a mastery of the other parts that begin to hold you back.

Just from friendly advise to you and anyone else happening upon this thread.

And like the others said you look good in those pics
Oh, um, what's the rest of the puzzle? I just started this because my pegs were scraping and heard/read you hang off to straighten the bike up. Though I didn't stop scraping entirely, I didn't scrape nearly as much.

I'm a really slow learner and it takes me awhile to see things i am doing. I may not be able to see those other parts yet, but if they are lodged in my head somewhere now, when the time comes I may have a better chance of recognizing them.

And thank you.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote