View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #11
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMonkey View Post
Question for anyone/everyone...If another motorcycle passes on the highway and is doing a speed close to yours do you join up and ride staggered with them for a while? I do and feel its easier to see 2 motorcycles instead of riding alone.
Never thought of it as having a visibility advantage, but that could be a big plus. I'll ride staggered with someone else in traffic or on the highway as long as they're not speeding or anything stupid. It's just like oh hey another motorcycle might as well join up with em till we part ways. More or less the same as riding behind a car that is going the same speed as me, just cooler. I'll pass them if they're going slower than me though(not in the same lane of course!!).

As for what the BMW guy did, that's not cool. I would not do that or think it's okay if another rider did it. Unless I was in a group and they were a member of my group or something of that sort. Was tempted to do it to some noob squid on a ninjette today though, he couldn't seem to figure out wtf he was doing and kept going slower and faster for no reason and was all over the lane so we were only actually staggered part of the time, was pretty annoying. No gear too
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote