Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
.....Do i turn the petcock to OFF before I begin this?
Yes, this is better done with the petcock off and letting the bowls to get empty.
It is better if you can collect the drained fluid (mix of water and explosive gasoline).

As your petcock is vacuum activated, you will need to have the engine working to drain the tank this way, which is not safe at all.

As your tank is full again, if you use the on position, water will not flow down (it remains at the bottom of the tank).

Later on, you can drain the bottom of the tank (reserve on) by disconnecting the supply hose instead.

I am not sure this is the solution to your problem, but it has happened to me a couple of times before and it is a relatively simple check.
Open the reserve and the engine idles but accept no throttle.
Sometimes the water builds up due to condensation, sometimes due to rain exposure.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote