Thread: Newbie in NYC
View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #1
gator
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ariel

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Newbie in NYC

I've been around sport bikes my entire life. The first time I rode on a bike, I was 7 and my dad took us down the street for ice cream. 10 years later, I was sitting in the pit, watching him race around the track. My mother was determined that her only daughter would not learn to ride, so I remained a passenger, watched, and figured one day I'd have one.

Living in NYC, I had mistakenly believed that that precluded owning a bike. I figured when I moved back to Cali, I'd get one. Now that I've been her 9 years, it's pretty clear I'm not leaving. So what was I waiting for?

Though sitting on a bike is very familiar, I'm super new to driving one. I took the MSF course in April, and immediately flew to Napa to ride with my father - on a separate bike this time. I've got a 2008 Ninja 250. I LOVE it. It's making me incredibly happy. Now I just need to figure out what to name it...

I'm thrilled to find this forum! Can't wait to learn from all of you more experienced riders! And, if you're in the NYC/NJ area and want to ride, let me know.
gator is offline   Reply With Quote