View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #1
This Girl Rides
Girly Gearhead <3

Name: Brittany

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 300

Area P Farkle Overload.

So, as some of you know (and many don't) I have been working with the president of the company Area P, Kerry Bryant, by allowing them to use my 300 to test fitment on their FIRST (yes, first ) production exhaust. Along with that they also ran dyno tunings and mapping to make sure it was running optimally.

As far as my bike this is the run down of what was put onto it;
  • Full carbon fiber high mount shorty exhaust
  • Mounting brackets
  • Rear peg delete
  • Fairing spacers
  • FI Tuner from Fuel Moto
  • Fender eliminator (Targa)

They ran many dyno test while the bike was there, I left it for a week so they put tons of time into making everything perfect with their tuning and mapping. I couldn't be any happier with the results.

Here is the chart, the proof is in the pudding:

As you can see it really shows how the 300 with the stock exhaust peaks at 10750 rpm and starts to drop off quickly from that point on. When they put on the Ultra High Mount system, you can see it continues to build power and then maintains the power all the way to the soft limiter at 12750 rpm. The Area P system all together makes over 7 hp more than stock, after 11500 and above. I must say it is VERY impressive when you are talking about a modification gaining you that much HP. Aside of the peak power though you can clearly see that the Area P system makes power right from the bottom 3000 rpm, all the way to the soft limiter. Area P spend a lot of R&D time to achieve this and I must say they hit the nail RIGHT on the head. The "dip" in the powerband at about 8750 - 9500 is part of the characteristics of the Ultra High Mount system, as explained to me by Kerry Bryant it's what they call a peak power pipe, where it really starts to "hit" at 9500 rpm and pulls all the way to the soft limiter. The quote from Kerry about it was "It lets you "know" that you are really making power through the "seat of your pants" and that you do not need to be looking at a Dyno chart to feel it."

The look is phenomenal; the combination of the carbon fiber, high mount, and everything ties in so well together in my opinion. The high mount really is amazing, on this system especially it tucks in so clean to the bike. Area P really outdid themselves with this one, they seemed to have paid extreme attention to every curve on this bike making the system look as if it was supposed to be there all along. Also, the FI Tuner was placed under my back seat in the near non-existent "trunk" persay PERFECT use of this space, Kerry placed it under there and mounted it into place using velcro so it is easily taken off and easily at that if ever desired.

I honestly cannot be ANY happier with this system, in all seriousness. It completely exceeded my expectations! You can instantly feel the difference, it gains so much more than just sound. As far as sound, once again blew me away. It is a very throaty raw sound, deep and crisp. I will be doing a nice sound clip video as soon as the weather here lets up for long enough and will post it asap. Until then here are some pictures of my bike and her system and mods;

Overall, my experience with Area P & Kerry Bryant really impressed me, not only was Kerry an endless dictionary of useful information and there to answer ANY of my questions but he also made sure to update me and fill me in on everything there could be to know. I would recommend them anyday!
This Girl Rides is offline   Reply With Quote