View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM   #9
mike12
ninjette.org member

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250R SE

I understand each of your points and appreciate your input, i think my problem is i started off with a GSX600F and its power scared me a bit but i stuck with it for a few months before deciding OK maybe i should hone my skills on a 250 first and slowly work my way up. NOW i am longing to translate my skill into a larger proportion. I owned a pregen 250 and then the last gen 250 both of which were the same in terms of power but i liked the new gen ergos a lot better. the only reason i got rid of the 250 was because i ride 20 miles of Hwy at 70mph each day to work in VA and i didnt like the feeling of being near the bikes top end for so long and i was getting only 40mpg with just a two bros slip on! I have heard and read the 300 feels much better on the hwy and less out of breath but i have no idea how it feels for myself compared to the 250. i dont mind the size of the 300 physically. and as for the Shadow like i said i love the torque but up top this thing would get embarassed by my old 250R IMO. I guess cruisers just wasnt my thing. and Im willing to shell out the money for the 500 or the 650 but i just want to make sure it is WORTH the extra money. I would love noting more than to get a new FZ-09 or FZ6R but the insurance is killing me until i turn 25 next march. When i say urban i meant to say suburban as in 45-50 mph local streets. i had a brain fart. ALSO i want to have a fuel injected bike, no more CARBS
mike12 is offline   Reply With Quote