Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
Keep in mind that instead of you only having "3 seconds to press the hardest on your brakes" you also have 3 seconds to swerve, of which there was plenty of room. I could feel the target fixation coming through my computer screen.

Not a dig on you, i've target fixated and crashed a few times myself so I've got nothing to say but you should always try to keep your mind searching for options - it might save you one day.
Welcome to our site, Teh !!!

Sorry to watch that accident happening to you, you could have lost your life there.

I have to agree with the quoted post.
That driver did many wrong things, including his attempt to get a confession of guilt from you at that critical moment, .......I don't like that guy !!!

However, you are the one in greater danger when on two wheels and must be prepared to ride around the many mistakes that the many careless or unskillful drivers around you will present to you each riding day.

It is unfair, but that is just the way it is for all of us.

You could have stopped in time, just to be sandwiched between that moron and the inattentive driver following you.
What I am trying to say is that Justice should be on your side, but that you may not be able to present your next case to it.
You cannot afford to be driven into a dangerous situation while riding in the street, because you will always lose, little or as much as your life.
You need to be expecting the worse, foreseeing the worst, systematically trained to escape the worst, and what is more important: you need to avoid getting into or to escape every dangerous situation, each time.

Don't let your sense of having done the correct things suffice and dull your urge to prepare properly for the next dangerous situation.

I hope that you will learn from this accident, that the moron pays for the damages that he caused and that you recover and are in the saddle soon and wiser.

My best !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote