rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Rojo kinda kills tires. Effortlessly.

He might not be the best one to ask about how rear's are holding up, seeing as he likes to run a sweet tire in front, and a crummy IRC roadwinner in rear. He might just be the first person to get even wear on an IRC roadweener.
Dude that front Michelin race tire I have on the bike right now has been on its last leg for a couple weeks. I swear the cords should have come through several hundred miles ago but I can still just bearly make out the center tread was and that tire is past 7000 miles

The 140 road winner on the back is doing great, still gripping the asphalt like a mofo and showing very little wear over 4000 miles into its life. I have a good feeling about this one, it may be my first rear tire I can get to go to cords on both sides and center. When I change the front tire here soon ill flip the rear tire again to keep the wear even

As for the PR3's they made it like 6000miles before they got to the cords so they are my longest wearing tire besides OEM. When I first mounted them up I loved them but during the last couple rides I started to lose faith in the front a bit for my more spirited(not your normal level of spirited) rides and when I finally went back to a full race tire I fell in love all over again.

Sure the race front wears fast then the road fronts but I can run them several thousand miles farther then a road front simply because even with the tire bald it still grips and feels great. But ill still mount a PR3 front for our short winter since I ride in the rain when it finds me.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote