Old July 18th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #13
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
@rojoracing53 probably has an idea to come up with a 500 or 750 mile versions of iron butt rallies. Only difference is his would require you to hit all the awesome twisty roads in a limited time. Like a timed rally event. Hahaha the street equivalent of enduro. Same rules just in the street. Like surprise now you have to ride mt Hamilton in 90 mins flat for this checkpoint.

I'm impressed that you rode all that Teri. I don't think I could click off 1500 miles in a day very easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
If there was a continuous canyon from here to the east coast even if it made the trip 4500 miles instead of 3000 you know that's the route I'd take and you better believe I'd be logging 16 hrs days
I could totally make a road rally that followed the same rules as the dirt stuff but you'd better ready when I create a road version of the trial section because epic clutch control is only going to get you so far
The same weekend I did this, the local sport riders from Sierra Sportbike Assoc decided to link all the seasons runs together for a 600+ mile twisty day. The SSA Fecta. If you could close the roads down and treat them like a track for the event, that would be epic. But trying to race the clock with oncoming traffic... Err, pass! LOL I do need to find some twisties and run laps on them, my poor Rosso II's are rather square!

But if there was no time limit and one heck of a twisty road, or linked roads, across country, I'd be right there with ya (well, maybe many many miles behind you) cruising that road every single chance I had! That would simply be sick!

@CycleCam303 Thanks. It turned it to be less difficult than I thought it would, though still a mental workout to maintain focus and not let my average suffer. 1000 in 24 hours proved to be doable. But if I were to try the BunBurner Gold (1500/24 hours) I think I'd get off the bike a complete basket case.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote