View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:19 AM   #190
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Wrap-up / More links

Full track of the event, Day 1 through Day 11: (~9500 miles)

Here's a similar map, that also includes the trips out to PA for the start, then back home after the event. The lines don't change much, as much of those trips were just on I-80. I started recognizing landmarks very easily on that road.

So, the obvious question is would I do it again. I'd like to say yes, but I doubt it will be at the next one in 2015. Now that I have the finisher status under my belt, along with that 3-digit IBA number that comes with it, I might feel more comfortable taking more routing risks and other chances to try and place higher in the standings, knowing that if it backfired and I DNF'd, I'd already have the 2013 results in my pocket. It took a huge toll on my wife taking care of the two little monsters for almost an entire month, as the logistics of this east coast based rally were quite hard for us west coast folks. If there were to be an IBR that started and finished closer to home base, it could slice off as much as a week or two off of the commitment I had to put in to compete in this year's event.

All of my pictures of the event are up in this gallery. I didn't take many extra or unnecessary pictures during the event, as honestly it just doesn't seem like there is enough time to dilly-dally while collecting the appropriate bonuses and moving on to the next one. Some of the sights that I saw during this year's rally were truly incredible, and I hope I'm fortunate enough to be able to visit some of them when I don't have a time clock hanging over me.

Thanks for reading what could truly be labelled a TL;DR thread, and I'll try and answer any questions or comments that are raised from this ride report, about the IBR, or even the IBA in general.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote