View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM   #196
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Tim - best way is to start running rallies. Only way to figure out whether it's for you is to actually do 'em, and see what you like about them. There are a number of 24-hr rallies, including the Cal, which will hopefully be back next year. Yes, it doesn't hurt to start collecting a bunch of documented IBA rides along the way, but it's not a necessity. I've done 9 Cal24's, but only submitted the very first to get my SaddleSore 1000 cert, and as far as I know that's my only certified IBA ride prior to this year's IBR.

If you really want to run the IBR, the first requirement is to join the IBA. There will be an open call for applications for the 2015 IBR event sometime later this year. It is a lottery draw for those that meet the requirements, and there are different categories of that draw depending on the type of entrant (as you mention, Hopeless class is one of them). There's a $100 application fee, but it gets refunded if you are not drawn. If you are drawn, then if you choose not to enter you do forfeit that application fee. You can also win your spot into the IBR by performing very well in some of the related 24-hr or multi-day rallies that are loosely affiliated with the IBR. Personally, I had never intended on competing in it myself, but things worked out this year and I'm glad I did it.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote