View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #4
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

Thanks guys for the input!

Just for refference, I have around 8-9,000 miles of experience, about 50/40/10 city/twisty/highway. I am fortunate to live on a fairly twisty road (which includes gravel *YAY!* ), and also in a fairly twisty-road area. I am a VERY fast learner (I have to be, I'm an Aerospace Engineering student). I'm not sure if I've said this before, but I'm 20 years old, so that may weigh into whatever info/comments.

Most of my beginning riding was on a 150cc scooter that became a racing project after about 1,000miles on it (currently at about 7,000miles, top speed up 8mph and acceleration up about 30%, to 64mph and a ~4.5sec 0-30 time, hey, those are good numbers for a scooter!!! ). I have scraped the kickstand on the left, and the muffler on the right. Not necisarilly skills, but it does show that I ride it hard, mostly in corners.

I hear you on the pushing the limit on the street. I rarely do anything above transportation level as far as performance on the streets goes, though I do push it a bit every once in a while as seen in the racing story thread, where I did the stoplight thing with a camero, piece of cake, but straight line acceleration isn't really riding skill per se.

Thanks for the website, I'll check it out sometime when I have the time, but I need to get some sleep right now, so I'm out of here!

Travis