View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #29
Dark
Simple kind of man

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
No flat spots. I've never left it on the stands for more than a few days at a time when doing valve adjusts and other maintenance, so who knows what might happen over time, but if something goes wrong with the wheels I'm sure I can find some new casters for dirt cheap.

And no, I've never owned a more expensive stand, not for the rear, Harbor Freight doesn't sell a front stand so I do have a more expensive one from Cycle Gear, the guy claimed the design was like pitbull, but I don't like it that much. Nothing to compare it too though.

It's just that the rear stand works perfectly, so unless a more expensive one gives benefits like, it goes down on you when you are working on the bike, I don't see the point.
I find it comical that you would tell folks more expensive stands are unnecessary when you haven't ever owned one.

The HF stand works for light duty but it's still a cheap stand. The wheels are notoriously crap (probably the largest issue with that stand).

Like others, I prefer to spend a little more on a reputable stand that I don't have to worry about at all. No worries about quality, no worries about longevity, no worries about stability. Resale is also great with Pitbull and T-Rex stands because people know they last.