View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #30
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
I find it comical that you would tell folks more expensive stands are unnecessary when you haven't ever owned one.
How so? I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with a better stand, just that the HF one does what is needed from a stand. Thus, anything else is not needed. That's what unnecessary means.
Quote:
The HF stand works for light duty but it's still a cheap stand. The wheels are notoriously crap (probably the largest issue with that stand).
The wheels can be replaced. I've not had any problems with mine, and I've had the bike up on the rear stand probably over 80 times now, but if the casters go out I can replace them for far less money than it would take to buy a higher dollar stand. I can live with that.
Quote:
Like others, I prefer to spend a little more on a reputable stand that I don't have to worry about at all. No worries about quality, no worries about longevity, no worries about stability. Resale is also great with Pitbull and T-Rex stands because people know they last.
Great. Have fun with your stand. I'm not talking down on them at all. It's entirely possible that your higher dollar stand is slightly easier to use than mine. It's entirely possible that your stand looks a lot nicer than mine. There are any number of reasons that you might want a more expensive stand than what I use. But don't suggest that I'm wrong when I say that a more expensive stand isn't needed to work on the bike. It simply isn't. The stand I use is a sturdy construction, it does what is needed, and can be used by a single person. Anything else is unnecessary.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote