Old July 30th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #2
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblock View Post
Hi,

I think I know the answer to my problem but thought I'd throw it out there and see what happens.

The problem is the bike will barely hold idle with the choke on, even after it's warm. I'm thinking old varnished gas and messed up carbs that need taken off and cleaned. This is the first time I have started it in a year, not 'this year' but in over 12 months. I started it last year and drove it to my new house but even last year it was stubborn to start. Last time it was started before that was probably a year. Yea.... it has sat alot.

Right now I have the tank off and emptied it out. I've never messed with dual motorcycle carbs but have worked with lawn mower, chevy quad-ra-jets, the Suzuki Shuttle 2 cycle carb and others. They look a little intimidating but am curious enough to tear into them. So, before I tore into them I thought I would post this and ask if I'm heading down a dark hole of touchy carbs? Or should I take the bike to a shop? Or just take them off and clean them then post on here to ask how to tune them in?

Or what are the chances that I put the tank back on put in some clean gas and see if it will run?

I know...... Dumb question..... more like wishful thinking...
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Intake