View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #13
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
Going with a more experienced rider through varying twists and little traffic with some self control would be way more beneficial. Watching someone else and getting towed around will help.
^be wary of this, it can be just as detrimental as helpful. If you are going to go for a ride with a more experienced rider, make sure it is someone who does not have an ego and that they fully understand that you are a NEW rider and you would like to follow them at a very law-abiding comfortable pace. And that you simply want to follow and mimic body position, line choice, braking ect... and that it would be nice if they know a particular section that is good for a certain technique that you should really focus on that during that section to maybe pull over and say (EXAMPLE) "HEY, there are some double apex turns coming up, pay close attention to line choice and turn in points"

It should be more of a clinic than a "Try and keep up" Otherwise you won't learn crap other than how to get yourself into trouble in a hurry.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.