View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #26
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
The weld was crap if you look it has no penetration in to the base material if I was you id take it to a dealer.
Would you rather lose a spool mount? Or have it rip your swingarm apart?

I'd rather lose the mount than have to replace my swingarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
i bought some sexy red swingarm spools to match everything else and attached them with some noice blue lock tight guess i dun goofed D:
There's no guarantee anything bad will happen. I had spools on my 2009 250 and nothing bad ever happened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
I agree with everyone...

It must have hit something else,
because if it couldn't withstand a love tap with a muffler, it probably isnt strong enough to hold the bike safely...
Definitely was not a 'love tap' as there is a decent sized dent in the bottom of the muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
I'd be pissed. If it was my bike I would try to get a hold of Kawasaki and see what they say. It doesn't seem like something that should have happened.
Trust me, I'm not a happy camper...but this was caused by something I did. The damage was cause by an aftermarket part.

I already know the cause of the damage, no one needs to speculate how it happened. I only made this thread hoping to make people aware that this is a possibility as I had never considered something like this could happen.

Last futzed with by Redgeneral; August 9th, 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Multi post