View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #1
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

How Long is Too Long? Left-Over Bike

Soooo... as some of you have seen, thinking about buying a GSX650F for my next bike. They stopped bringing them to the states after '09, and they are super underrated, IMO, so there are darn few available. Been searching pretty wide, thinking I may do a 'fly and ride' if I found the right one. Then I came across the oldest new bike I've seen: a NEW 2008 GSXF.

So this is weird. I was all ready to buy a used bike. But I can get 'new' for $500-1000 more, depending on how much they'll come down (which ought to be pretty much anything... I mean, how long are they gonna' sit on this?!). I've bought left-over models before, and they can be a great deal; but is this too old? Obviously, there's been no gas in it, and a battery is easy to check, but would they have other fluids in there that can go bad in 5 years? What about tires? Even if the bike was moved enough to not flat-spot, does the carcass eventually just age out of its prime?

Whatcha' think?
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote