Old August 12th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #33
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm sorry Cam; I didn't put enough context in my post. The feeling on my end is more worry than annoyance, anger, or anything else. You're a quick learner, and have very good bike control skills. In just about any street ride, you can choose to ride at or near the front of almost any group. If there are those where you can't, I really do question whether it's a group ride that anyone should really be risking.

You're quite interested and focused in improving your own skills, but in some of your posts, things come through that make me think you're not fully processing the risks you are taking. Sliding the front on the street. Backing the rear and hoping the front sticks. "Showing people a wheel" on street rides. Having the front end get light on roads like Marsh creek while riding an unfamiliar bike at triple-digit speeds. None of these mean instant harm. But each one has a certain level of risk. Keep rolling that dice, and at some point the odds catch up with everyone. I fully buy into the threads/posts where you describe the differences between track-riding aggression, and street riding where you need to leave enough margin for as many contingencies as possible. It's threads like these where it's hard to tell how fully you buy into them.
It's just Cam's way with words I think because it's hard to imagine him going as fast and extreme as he describes. What he's doing is taking a couple small occurrences and depicting in fine detail what he felt or thought he felt. What I find funny is how super sport riders going as fast as him won't feel 25% of what he's trying to monitor so you seldom hear them talk about such things. On the other hand you always hear a SS rider tell you how they "totally" power slid the rear end out of that one corner(when what they really felt tire flex or chassis compression) but Cam never says anything about burning the rear. Sure he blows it a bit out of proportion buts that's what people like to read and it take something described a bit over the top and in detail for the reader to grasp the situation.

There's always the alternative of reading my description. Yeah the duc felt a lot faster, seems to corner good, it was very stable but hard to transition, brakes were decent but could be stronger. and oh the sound was glorious "the end"

On the other hand I've never ridden with him while he's on a real bike so maybe he really is totally out of control. I don't worry about Cam not taking things serious to often but I basing that off my own opinion and If you have to worry about anyone having near life threatening experiences and shrugging them off like mere everyday occurrences then you should be worried about me.

The guys doing extreme sports everyday ether don't grasp the risk, accept the risk or simply place less value on life then others(you live more in 5 mins at 200mph then other do in a lifetime) I'd like to believe I'm the second but worry I'm the first or third.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote