View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #38
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Cam, great write up! Much of what I experienced when I long term rode a buddy's CBR. I felt the same thing with the steering and throttle. Same thing with being much more planted on bumps. Same thing with always feeling like I was just barely opening the door with what the bike was capable of. And yes, same feeling of being humbled in my riding ability. I'm but a drop in a vast ocean that is the performance of a 15 year old CBR.

And know what? It made me realize that for me, right now, the 250 is my perfect bike. I can wring it out. I can push it through corners. I can adjust my line like I know what I'm doing. I can toss it back and forth. I can get a little air now and again. I know the brakes. I know how it feels close at the edge of what I'm capable of. And it's not scary when I'm there. To me, the 250's much like that perfect pair of jeans that fit just right and are worn in all the right places; even if I buy a new pair of jeans, they'll never be the same as that perfect pair. Sure, it's slow. But its fast enough for me.

*raises hand sheepishly* I like my 250
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.