View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #33
Used Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickt0mmy View Post
Yes! Definitely get good gear before all else. Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Boots, and preferably pants too.
I have decent gloves with great knuckle protection, and a Shoe Multitec. A ventilated thick leather jacket is up next (There's one for $320 at Cyclegear).

The rest of the gear will have to wait, although I am ruining my shoes with the gear shifting >.<. I don't know about pants, I've never been a fan of them, but I'll take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
Did you get a good deal? Well it is very hard for any member on this site to tell you if you did or not. Really a good deal is only how you feel about it if you think or feel like you got a good deal then you did. Don't worry to much about the black oil (id still change it) as my oil gets black around 2k miles and I use it tell around 5k. Faring's don't mater and if you really don't care about them you may think about doing a cool street fight look. Its some what cheap and if done right can look even better the a bike with faring's.
Thanks btw haha I'm feeling good now! I'm looking forward to changing the filter and cleaning the carbs and changing the spark plugs... all just in case, because I doubt the previous owners did any maintenance, or at least not the one who sold it to me. I'm not a fan of the street fight look, but lmao with fairings damaged like this, it's a possibility.
Used Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote