View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #17
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Sorry...let me reword it. Since there aren't any custom shops that make custom street jackets/pants (that I know of off the top of my head), if I had to pick a brand name jacket I'd pick Dainese over companies like Speed & Strength (which are made by Joe Rocket I believe <--bad jackets), Frank Thomas, Bilt, etc. But understand there are other brands out there that are constructed better than Dainese. Dainese just has a lot of money and does well at promoting their stuff.

However, if you're looking to buy a suit buy custom over off the rack. The benefits of custom suits far outweigh those offered on the rack. For example, you design (to an extent) & pick the colors you desire. It's tailored to your exact body. It's cheaper than the high end off the rack models. It's constructed far better than the off the rack suits in respect to protection (i.e. custom suits are double to triple stitched unlike off the rack suits which are often single to double stitched from inside out exposing the seams). Custom suits use extra layers of leather in certain areas into the suits-- Pilot-USA does this...don't know about others (NJK, Helimot, Ballistik, etc.).

That's all.

Peace!
Out here in the Bay Area we have Helimot and Johnson's Leather for customs. For suits and gloves, everyone swears on Helimot. Johnson's definitely does jackets and pants.
I plan on taking advantage of that and getting a custom jacket and gloves. It's a shame there aren't more craftspeople in other states.
Daks is offline   Reply With Quote