Thread: New Bike...
View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #3
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

That sucks - that you crashed. Congrats on the new bike, even if you are thinking about exchanging it soon.

I think I would switch out to a 600 instead imho. I find it a little more fun. You get to shift a lot if you want to. I short shift a lot and keep it in low revs, or drop down a gear or two for some scrappy engine fun.

This is my thoughts on liter bikes - too fast for the street to have very much fun. Unless you like running from the cops. I had a ZX10R. It was great, tons of torque very mellow bike. But to have high revs or shift at all - you are going way too fast all of a sudden. I found that driving around in 2nd gear all the time at low revs wasn't very much fun for me.

1000s are nice and fun though, just not for me. Some people like just low revving around and then destroying anything on the road without any trouble. They are pretty cool.

If I was rich - a WR250R, Ninja 300, Ninja ZX6R, and a Ninja ZX10R (along with a few other bikes). But to have only one - I love my ZX6R. I went from a 300 back to a 600 and I'm loving it. I think you would too.

What don't you like about your CBR1000 specifically? Maybe that will help when people give you some ideas of what to do next.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote