Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #939
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Wow! Really nice 20-25mi ride this morning

Had the Topeak Rack installed on purchase! I had a messenger bag on me, while I strapped the small water bottle bag to test out the bungee cords + rack. Didn't notice it at all. Now I have to start adding more weight and a larger bag to see the difference. Also purchased a helmet (wish they would've thrown one in for free), but I can't complain since all items at time of purchase received a 10% discount

My test run for commuting to work turned out decent, although a better test would have been to do this on a weekday in rush hour traffic. HRM recorded exactly 1hr with about 400cal burned! My return trip was slightly 10 minutes longer, but the route was longer as well.

My injuries couldn't hold me back from exercising forever.!

I will continue to support my LBS, just wanted to see where I can shop online for those things they don't have, or items they won't budge on price. Some items are just too expensive to pay full price on

Thanks to all of you on this thread for all the help, especially (in no particular order): @choneofakind @Apex @rojoracing53 @massacremasses @Oahull
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_02.jpg (280.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_07.jpg (72.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_10.jpg (255.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_13.jpg (232.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_15.jpg (218.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_16.jpg (176.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_21.jpg (77.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_23.jpg (68.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Bicycle_FirstRide_26.jpg (68.8 KB, 3 views)
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote