View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #31
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
Research, comparisons and peoples testimonials who have/do own both bikes are what lead me to believe that. I guess it should be noted that those arguments were from the early days of the 600RR so the differences weren't as large as they would be now.

Why do you like longer gearing? Shorter gearing is definitely better for the street and being able to do 70mph in first gear seems like plenty to me. My brakes are spongy but it's a 12 year old bike in not so great condition + I have warped rotors lol so I figured that probably had something to do with it. Brake feel is still quite a bit better than the wooden brakes on my Ninja, before the pulsing starts to kick in at lower speeds.

I just think the F4i is a lot closer to the supersport line than most people give it credit for. The CBR600F line is all there was before the RRs, and they pretty much dominated everything else throughout the 80s and 90s.

The Ninja 500R is my main comparison though... talk about **** brakes lol. + it's a lot more upright (250 esque, maybe a tiny bit more), couch springs for suspension, waaaaaaaay shorter gearing, etc. The F4i feels like a precision machine to me and I've yet to ride anything newer.

I'm not offended or anything, I just get defensive over the bikes that own lol. Thread officially derailed...
Makes me feel old. I kept referring to a bike from 2004 and considered it relatively new. 10 years.... I guess it's not fair to compare to actual 'modern' sport bikes. Very possible back 10-14 years ago things were different.

"wooden brakes on my Ninja" haha so true! Kawi didn't even fix the stock brakes on the 300r...

Original poster: All bikes are awesome, get what you think is the most awesome.
/threadbackonrails
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote