View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacron View Post
I'm sure me doing laps on Redwood had nothing, whatsoever, to do with me realizing that fact and wanting to practice my left turns in order to get better at them...

The fact that I crashed on the way back home instead of the during the 3rd or 4th lap should immediately point to the fact that I mostly likely push my body too much and lost concentration. I should have hydrated before heading out too, but C'est la vie.
There's much that you should be learning from this, but it's not coming through in your posts. You've been riding your first motorcycle for 4 months, and have already significantly damaged it by crashing in the twisties at the 600 mile mark. Your bike is now worth about $1000 less than it was 2 days ago. You're talking about running laps on Redwood and trying to go faster to push yourself. You're talking about dragging your foot and worrying about body position to continue to go faster on the street. You've posted about the 300 not being fast enough, and wanting to have a more powerful bike to keep it interesting.

None of these are judgments, they are just what you've shared here. If I were you, I'd take a step back to think about if you're going about this the right way. Your choices in gear were quite good, which means that when you did hit the ground, you were fortunate enough to have minor injuries. But it's only luck that kept you and your bike from either hitting something or getting hit by something much more damaging on the way down. There's always going to be some risk in this, but you're shooting for an unavoidable crash every couple hundred thousand miles. Not an avoidable crash every 600. (Rojo would probably say that you're shooting for never, ever, ever crashing on the street, and honestly he's probably right).

Good luck, and please think about what your real goals are here. If it's not there already, put the "not crashing" goal to the top of the list over just about everything else, and think about it every time you swing a leg over the bike.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.