View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #9
JohnnyA
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Minor update

Thanks BRad. It's moving slowly as I don't have a garage to work in

I got the small little extension from Danmoto, so I threw that on. It's not perfect, but it'll do for now to keep the exhaust at an angle I like. I took some photos of my pods and installed the engine block off plate. That was a bit of a hassle. I don't like to take the tank off because I do all of the work on my gravel driveway. My hands are just small enough to fit under the tank. Anyways, the holes didn't line up perfectly. I tried both plates. So I finagled the bolts a little to get them started. Kept the plate butted up against the head of the bolts, and alternated each side, cranking each one a little bit, and going back and fourth to make sure the plate sits flush. Well, I hope it's flush, it looks good but who knows.
I also saw a guy put tape over his pods until he got his jet kit, so I did that. It actually works, but looks ridiculous. I plan on bringing the bike to a shop for the jet kit install and they can disconnect any unnecessary wires and hoses while they're at it. I'm not using any indicator lights. Just headlamp and speedo illumination. If you guys have any experience doing this, please let me know. All the wires in there look atrocious.
Oh, all the filters are K&N. I think I have the models posted already. But I got a little pvc elbow pack from Advance Auto and used one to replace the loopy crank case hose. I was going to wrap the exhaust but its hot as hell outside right now, and I may cut off the portion that angles up soon. We'll see.

I took some photos, but they won't upload- Missing security token. So I'll upload them tomorrow.
JohnnyA is offline   Reply With Quote