View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM   #20
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
texas seems to be the hotbed of this brand. maybe 1 of the tx members of this forum can do a field trip to one of these dealers. check out the ad below, one model is even called ninja:

Our Motorcyles are built to the same high quality standards as name brand products such as Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Vespa, and Polaris but are mostly priced at below half the price of the name brand motorcycles and scooters. Some parts are actually manufactured at the same factories as the name brands Motorcycles and Scooters. In order for our customers to have peace of mind, we extend a full year engine warranty, please see our warranty section for details.

250cc Motorcycle Kungfu 250
Regular Retail: $4,200.00
Summer Special: $1,895.00
200cc Motorcycle Ninja LB200-2
Regular Retail: $3,999.00
Summer Special: $1,376.00
Also Lifan (another China-brand manufacturer) which, I believe, is based out of the Dallas/FW area.
My very first bike was a Lifan LS-200B "sport bike." Needless to say I found out during my research (most of which I did after I purchased the bike ) that mine was called a "gray bike." It had been imported into the US w/o getting the proper paperwork through the EPA for emissions. American Lifan would not recognize my bike and I couldn't buy any parts for it.
And I'd have to disagree about their statement: "our bikes are built to the same high quality standard..." I don't know about that. I constantly had issues with that bike. Oil leaks, electrical wiring issues, mechanical failure, etc. It seemed like almost every day there was a new issue. Our Ninjettes are made SOOOO much better than those bikes ... trust me.