Old September 6th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
Yesterday was the first time riding a motorcycle through San Francisco during rush hour traffic. Wow. There weren't close calls. The whole experience was a close call, including some contact

It's a whole new ball game because the driving behavior is 110% aggressive. If there is a space someone is going for it, drag race starts at every light, and no the even the moving vans and Prius cars are all about pin it to win it.

+ a million for the compact size of the ninjette

I've heard everyone say motards are perfect for sf. I'm not so sure. I shoved that ninja into some really tight spaces. Dirt bikes have wide bars and really splitting around buses and tight places is the name of the game. The ninjette was perfect for tearing through town.

I must say it was quite the experience. It almost seems inevitable that sooner than later a motorcyclist is going to get taken out. So be careful out there.
i use 7" bars instead of standard 11" bars. (minus switch controls) because it makes the bike skinnier.

also, you probably should not hit cars. just sayin'.

as far as 'sooner than later a motorcyclist is going to get taken out'.... i donno. if you are experienced with super heavy traffic (downtown LA and irvine is pretty bad too... downtown san diego is weird and different and horrible in its own ways but still kinda ******) i think 99% of issues can be dealt with ahead of time. the hard things i've never been able to deal with is cars hitting other cars. you can get out of the way but if you are still close by you still get hit by pieces coming off the ****ing cars. **** sucks. last time it happened i got pegged by the guy's brake light housing flying off.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.