Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
Here's my thoughts on why it works. Most of your body mass/weight is your upper body. When you bring your upper body forward and down, you are essentially putting more weight on the front end. When you put more weight on the front end, it compresses the forks. It's very similar to trailbraking in the sense that you're not using the brakes...........
Hey Matt and @Misti, would you mind explaining the change in position a little more in detail?

I ask you because it doesn't make sense to me (Physics-wise) and I would like to learn more about the position from which you are bringing your upper body forward and down.

In other words: You are cornering while normally hanging-off, with your upper-body in line with the bike and your inner leg out (your upper body is forward and down already, isn't it?).
Suddenly, you discover that it is a hook turn, and then..................?
No steering or counter-steering, the bike just follows the reduced radius?
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.