View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #13
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asspire View Post
don't even waste your time with those. a led package that small that's 9w? something is going to melt or they're lying on specs.

if its not dot or e certified its considered illegal. led fog lights are something I would stay away from as headlights, they lack the correct beam pattern to be any use at night and have uncontrolled light spill.

look into doing a his retro fit with projectors. much brighter and less power consumption
Already bought a LED light at the moto shop I hope it's bright enough to drive at night. I was running a single 12v/35w (incandescent?) in my streetfighter mask but that thing is a total pos and I busted both headlights already and couldn't even take them out. Aftermarket is hit or miss sometimes.

If this LED doesn't work I'll look up the HID retro fit to see what you're talking about.... I ride freestyle so I was trying to go the minimalist route just to stay legal but after riding w/ a smaller LED headlight (screwed into my broken headlight assembly) I don't think the floodlights are a good idea either.... It just doesn't do the trick.