View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Ninjettepgh
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250

Is This Engine Noise Normal for 250?

Hello

First and foremost, please know I am quite a novice at all of this mechanical stuff. I have owned this 2006 Ninja 250 for about 2 years and to be honest, put it through some hell (rode all through PA winter). But, I do try to keep up on covering it, lubing the chain, changing the oil, etc.

So..the problem. The level of noise from the engine has always been somewhat loud...and I figured that's just how 250s are. But more and more I've been getting irritated on why mine sounds so loud and other bikes sound..well..quiet. I've tried to do some research...maybe valve adjustment? bad/dirty carbs? I really don't know and hoping someone will be able to tell me by the video what they think it may be. I know you can only give a guess because its a video, but any hints/ideas would be appreciated.

In the video attached below, I show you the sound of the engine fully warmed up, idle about 1,500 and revving it to about 3k or so. May not sound terribly loud in the video, but I assure you...it is much louder than any other bikes like mine. Why? Other bikes I hear a more....clean sounding, sporty, quieter sound.

This is pretty vague information. so Please feel free to ask questions to help diagnose.

Thanks so much in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: mov IMG_0945.MOV (4.41 MB, 65 views)
Ninjettepgh is offline   Reply With Quote