View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #24
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): None...Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
Are you also budgeting in for gear too? I would suggest putting aside another $1000 for gear. I really wouldn't get your hopes up on the small loan idea because loans tend to be min. $5k from what I've noticed. Motorcycles are treated as a luxury and not as much of a necessity as a car so loans get handled differently. Also keep in mind that too many credit checks for loan/credit applications will only bring down your credit so if you keep re-applying too often only to get turned down, you're only increasing the chance you'll get turned down again.
I'm planning to get my gear as money allows(already have gloves and riding glasses and I'm looking at a GMAX modular helmet, in addition to scorpion deuce pants per @dfox's recommendation of them. I can get both through Amazon for around $300), since I don't have my endorsement yet, and I'm trying to take the MSF BRC first. I'm just gonna set aside money toward a bike and see what I can come up with financially between now and about a month or so before winter ends. I should've clarified, the "small loan" wouldn't be through a bank. At that point, I could probably borrow the needed balance from family(a few of them owe me ), if the need arose.

Last futzed with by jokesonyou24; September 18th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
jokesonyou24 is offline   Reply With Quote