Old September 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #311
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts329 View Post
I stomped my foot on the ground at 15 mph to right the bike out of a low side on water, completely blew my mind that it worked.
Did you put any conscious thought into it, or was it just a lizard-brain reaction. Either way, that's amazing! I've heard someone else on this forum say they did the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts329 View Post
I've never dropped a bike, but I suppose the ATV story belongs here. Riding a 650 ATV for the first time on pavement, I had been sliding the rear out on dirt all day, I sort of expected the same to happen on pavement at about 50 mph. As it turns out, the doesn't work, my hands slipped off the handlebars from turning so hard and I fell and slid 50 ft on pavement, hit a curb, was launched into the air, then struck a small oak tree (13 ft tall maybe 4-5 inches wide) about 4 feet off the ground and knocked the tree flat. My friend who was riding behind me, saw the whole thing and started freaking out. I rolled over, stood back up with my friend's assistance, then walked back to the ATV (not my ATV, whoops) and rode it back to the garage. By that time I was really hurting, I didn't break any bones, I was just bruised up so bad I had trouble walking for a month. Still known as that giant guy who broke a tree with his body.
This is even more nuts than your first story!

I wouldn't take risks on quad bikes. I get the impression it's so easy to get badly hurt on them. I trust my 2 wheeled machines more!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote