View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #19
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
M boxes?!?!?!? Naw, a little common sense on both the riders and the 5.0 will go a long way here. I would like to see no more new laws or anything else that will cost $$ for stuff that will only address part of the problem.

Why can't it be this simple; Rider on a bike at a light yea.... rider waited a reasonable amount of time for the cycles yea, rider proceeded safely. Nothing to see or do here...
I noticed that when I was up in Leesburg for the Leesburg bikefest a while back that every single light worked properly with the bike. That's proof that they can make it work when they want to bad enough. Around here, there are several lights that don't work properly with the Ninja.

By requiring M-boxes to be installed only when major repairs are done (they cut new lines anyway), the cost is minimal and creates a hotspot for the motorcycle tire to be in which makes the circuitry simpler - rather than circuitry that can detect a bike anywhere in the lane.

As far as common sense and cops - some have it and some don't - and some don't like bikers - so I don't think its a good idea to just leave it up to the cops to decide if it was "reasonable" for you to run a red light or not. Here in FL, they have to be directly behind you in order to say that the light was red when you went through. Anything else means that the light was "probably" red and not admissible in court. So its unlikely the cops would bother anybody, but not impossible. I'm not sure how it would work with those new red light cameras though.