View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #29
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
If your goal with this magical M box is to sense motorcycles, yes. But it still seems like a ton of hooplah for a relatively small result. Seems much easier to just use common sense and either 1) make a right turn 2) use neutral, get off, and push the pedestrian button 3) run it if there's no one around.

If you're going to add bicycles into the intended target for these super sensitive triggers, I think that's a waste of time and money. Look at 1) how many cyclists use the roads compared to how many cars there are and 2) how little metal there is on a bike. I really don't think you're going to be able to make a hair trigger for a traffic light that will sense a 2100g (or in many times, much less) aluminum rim without it being finicky and causing many false triggers while still keeping public costs in check. I don't think they're feasible for that task. This comes from someone who pedals more miles than he rides in a year.

and did you really just suggest that a cyclist who's serious enough to have a bike with carbon frame and carbon wheelset ride in steel-toe boots???? You realize how ridiculous that is right????

EDIT: looks like Chris and I are on the same page.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote