Old September 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #19
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
In case the battery died and I need to bump start it, and they are HID. They draw so much during initial start, better to have the bike running then turn them on
If you can't bump start your because of your headlights being on then you suck at bump starting, sorry but its the truth. Actually ill need someone to comfirm this for me but I think the headlights don't get the go ahead to turn on until the motor is already running. Its just a half second delay but its enough so that they aren't a factor during bump starts.

I've got so much electronic **** hooked up to my bike that has live power going to it 100% of the time that my bike won't last a week without its battery going dead. But then again I'm still on my original 2009 battery that I've brought back from the dead 3 times because I forgot to turn something off and left it over the weekend.

Last time my battery was so dead the glow LEDs in my cigarette port and my led dash lights wouldn't even flicker. I rolled the bike downy driveway 5 times vector it would even start to sputter and on the 8th time it fired up. Ride for 30 mins then battery tender for the night and all was fully charged in the morning.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote