View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #20
Sinister
nub

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): '08 zx-14

It's all personal preference. No one, at all, can tell you what you should ride. Some people are more than happy with their 250. Great. Some people want more and get one of the bigger para twins like the 650 and are thrilled. Great. Some people want a full on supersport. They get one and couldn't be happier. Great. Some people get a bigger bike and regret it, not so great.

Find yourself a dealer than has some used bikes and is willing to let you test ride one or more of them. Even if you have to go out of your way to get there. It's worth it.

As an example of personal opinions.. I went n250 to zx14. and i will never go back. I tried riding the SO's 250 a couple times and was miserable. The 14 is quieter, more comfortable, suprisingly easy to manuver at low speeds and will let me pass any slowass i come up behind at will. However, it gets worse gas mileage, costs more to insure, costs more to maintain and makes you think wacky things like "i got 12 cars last time through this passing zone, wonder if i can do 15+"

So in closing, only you can tell you what the right bike is.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote