View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #1
rustler753
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 09' Ninja 250 (SOLD); 00' CBR 929RR

So funny story...

JUST got out of the 600 mile factory oil change/checkup where everything was checked over for proper tension bla bla...Driving down the highway, doing about 55-60, I'm exiting to go to delicious CiCi's pizza, and I go to down shift. The shift lever CAME OFF on the highway!!! I'm thankful that the hardware was hanging by a thread, none of the washers or the bolt fell out going at 60mph.

It then occured to me that there is a stop light between here and my pizza, with no turn offs or exits to parking lots till that light, and the thought shot through my mind of what am I going to do if I get a red light and can't shift down.

Sooooo, of course its red, I have to literally run it on foot holding the clutch in to make the left turn into the parking lot....holy crap that was embarrassing especially since I still had the new registration on the bike, and people could see I had to run a brand new 250 into the lot.

Anyways, I'm pissed that the dealership missed this and I'll be giving them a piece of my mind!

But to the technical question haha...um should there be locktight on that gear selector? There was none when I looked at the threads, just curious if there was any reason to leave it as such or just apply some trusty red stuff to it?
rustler753 is offline   Reply With Quote